Dorchester Cricket Club Pavilion
Dorchester DT1 2RY
COST: £150 – LIMITED OFFER 16 PLACES AVAILABLE, Includes lunch and refreshments
Our Dfe recognised Youth MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Youth Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after their own mental wellbeing
Nick is a serving Police Officer and throughout his adult life has been involved in youth work varying from church youth clubs to scouting and has worked with The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, Met Police and The Prince’s Trust.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a badge and certificate to say they are a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Click here for flyer: Youth Mental Health First Aid – FLYER
Click here for booking form: Youth Mental Health First Aid – BOOKING FORM
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01305 833 518 for further info and booking forms.