13 January 2017, 1.30 – 3.30pm
Dorford Centre, DORCHESTER DT1 1RR
£35 per person including refreshments
‘The basis of the STAR approach is that all episodes of problem behaviour need to be seen as actions with a purpose to receive a specific response.’
Topics covered will include:
- Exploration of the STAR approach
- How to analyse why challenging behaviours happen
- Tools and materials for analysis
- Developing understanding of the key factors
- Ways of supporting pupil self-awareness
- How to encourage better pupil choices for moving forward
Aisla Maclean-Wood, Head of Additional Needs at Westfield Arts College. Aisla is responsible for ASD provision and supporting pupils with difficult and dangerous behaviour. Aisla is a TeamTeach tutor and EarlyBird Plus trainer, she has a background in psychology and over 25 years experience in ASD.
Ros MCGill, Ros McGill, Head of Additional Needs at Beaucroft Foundation School. Ros supports pupils with a range of complex needs including ASD and associated anxieties and behaviours. Ros is an experienced outreach teacher and is an NAS EarlyBird Plus trainer.
For Flyer click here: FLYER – The Use of Star
For booking form click here: BOOKING FORM – The Use of Star