This session is open to teachers & teaching assistants in mainstream and special settings and parents of pupils of primary and secondary age groups.
For pupils with autism and with other receptive language difficulties, social stories provide a rich visual resource to support them in everyday life at home and school. Why and when we say please and thank you, overcoming a problem, asking for help or dealing with a new social situation are all examples of where writing and/or drawing a social story can help the pupil adjust and develop their understanding and independence. They can be used in many situations.
The session covers:
- The new format to Social Stories as per social stories original creator, Carol Gray.
- Discussing and describing the process of writing effective Stories.
- Implementing Social Stories.
- Visual resources and examples of their use.
- There will also be an opportunity to write your own
- Social Story with assistance if required.
Catherine Ephgrave has worked in Autism at Beaucroft School for over 10 years and is an EarlyBird Plus Trainer with a special interest in Social Stories.
Sandra Bessant has worked with pupils who have Autism for over 20 years and has a special interest in Social Stories and Communication Signalong.
Click here for booking form: BOOKING FORM – Social Stories
Please contact us on 01305 833 518 or email email@example.com for more information.