**A FREE WORKSHOP**
A friendly opportunity to learn what is meant by ‘Person Centred’ and why this approach is so important.
For parents and carers of children & young people age 0-25 with special educational needs or disability.
The aims of the workshop are:
- Gain an understanding of Education Health & Care plan ‘outcomes’ .
- Learn how to prepare for a ‘review meeting’ and improve confidence so you can participate fully in your child’s Person-Centred Review.
- Linking ‘Person Centred Approaches’ to Preparation for Adulthood.
- Provide quality information jointly delivered by professional trainer and a parent carer.
- Meet with other parent carers.
- PLUS – ANYTHING you wanted to know about Person Centred Reviews and didn’t know who to ask!
19th June, 9.30 – 12.30 Ferndown.
26th June, 6.30 – 8.30 Dorchester.
5th July, 11.00 – 2.00 Sturminster Newton.
10th July, 9.30 – 12.30 Weymouth.
Trainers: Gill Howard and Elaine Okopski
Gill and Elaine are both trained Person-Centred Review Facilitators
Gill Howard is Deputy Head of Yewstock School and has a wide experience of working in secondary schools as a teacher and Special Educational Needs coordinator. (SENCo)
Elaine Okopski is a parent and carer of a 19-year-old son with a disability. She has spent the last 9 years volunteering with Dorset Parent Carer Council.
Click here for flyer: Person Centred Review FLYER.docx
Click here for booking form: Person Centred Review BOOKING FORM
TO BOOK YOUR FREE PLACE complete attached booking form and return to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
or post to TADSS, Westfield Arts College, Littlemoor Road, Weymouth DT3 6AA