If you are looking for SEND training from experienced, classroom practitioners on special educational needs and disabilities, the Skills Directory gives you details of our team of trainers and tutors.
All the participants at a recent session on practical strategies for supporting pupils with ASD (KS3/KS4) found the session to be good or excellent and both confidence and understanding improved as a result of the training. Everyone listed a number of practical strategies they will be using to support the pupils in their school. Their learning from the training included:
– Speaker was exceptionally knowledgeable.
– This was well geared towards secondary age students and relevant to mainstream schools.
– Reinforced the need for visual communication despite working with verbal students.
– An excellent session, very informative.
– Well focussed on secondary age group.
– Appropriate strategies.
– Good range of activities and talking.
– I have learnt more about ASD and have now got some ideas to use with my one-to-one student.
– Keep language clear and simple.
– Practical activities to use in the classroom such as the power cards.
– Reminder of being aware of children’s emotional state when they come into class.
– The effects of sensory overload and consequences of this.
– Benefits/importance of visual stories & power cards.
To book training from our Directory, email us at email@example.com with an outline of your requirements. Please click below to open and download the Training and Support Directory.