The Blandford Children’s Centre
Black Lane, Blandford Camp,Blandford Forum DT11 8SW
£99 per person inc lunch and refreshments.
A day exploring the importance of play for the children with SEND and how it can benefit their learning.
- What does the term ‘Play’ mean?
- How does play fit into child development – looking at the Prime areas an understanding how play develops from Birth and its fundamental importance to being a learner
- The difficulties children with SEND experience when accessing play
- The role of the adult in play
- How to incorporate play based learning into the classroom when working with children with PMD/SLD and ASD – the benefits and challenges
- Practical ideas
Event Leader Marie Harris has been involved in education for 20 years as a teacher, SENCo, Inclusion Manager and Early Years Education Advisor leading on SEND. The majority of this time has been spent working with children in Early Years and Key Stage One and advising staff within these age ranges on how to support children’s learning through using a play based curriculum.
For Flyer click here: Accessing Play Flyer
For booking form click here: Accessing Play Booking Form